Consider a sponsored online program currently taking applications for 2023.
|Concordia University - Saint Paul||Bachelor||BS in Accounting||Website|
|Campbellsville University||Bachelor||BS in Business Administration: Accounting Emphasis||Website|
|The University of Scranton||Master||Master of Accountancy||Website|
|American University||Master||Master of Arts in Economics||Website|
|George Mason University||Master||Master of Arts in Economics||Website|
|Saint Mary's University of Minnesota||Master||Master of Science in Accountancy||Website|
|Fairleigh Dickinson University||Master||Master of Science in Accounting||Website|
|Seton Hall University||Master||Master of Science in Accounting||Website|
|University of Delaware||Master||Master of Science in Accounting Practice||Website|
Click to view 100% online Accounting programs taking applications for 2022!
There are career fields present within the United States that can make a tremendous difference on organizations as a whole. Financial degree programs and careers are some of the fundamental aspects of businesses that provide services or products to the public. This could be due to the fact that money is what keeps an organization in operation, employees on payroll, and makes growth and evolution possible over time.
Degree programs at various levels can be found at multiple universities, making this an ideal degree program for students prepared to start their program immediately. Our team of educational experts has provided this guide to help you better understand the varying degree levels for this program, as well as the resulting careers and salaries for each.
Online Bachelors in Accounting Program
The online bachelors programs in accounting and finance can be a great way for you to gain expertise in your field without having to worry about scheduling conflicts and loss of work time.
Online bachelors programs in this field can teach you more about the fundamentals of accounting and finance prior to engaging in advanced topics - making this a great introductory option for new students. If you are interested in learning more about this incredible online program and what it can offer you, read more in the guide provided by our team of experts below.
Click to more featured 100% online Accounting programs taking applications for 2022.
Before ever beginning your accounting and finance courses, most students in bachelors programs will take general education courses as part of their online bachelors program. Regardless of what type of bachelors program you enroll in, you can expect to take around 60 credit hours of general education courses and 60 major courses.
This is to help you advance your skills in educational fields such as writing, history, and mathematics before engaging with degree-specific coursework. Online bachelors programs typically consist of around 120 credit hours and can be completed in around 4 years for most students.
Engaging in a Bachelors in Accounting and Finance program online can mean great flexibility for you during your experience. Introductory courses are offered in a completely online format, which includes online classrooms, interactive web discussions, and virtual homework and test completion. One of the perks of online learning is that you can log in and complete your work at any time of the day or night, making this a great option for people on the go or those with demanding full-time work schedules.
Read more about this specific online program below or explore all online bachelor's programs.
Coursework Common in Bachelor's Programs
When you are exploring your options for higher education - and your professional future - you should look deep into the topics provided in each program. The online Bachelors in Accounting and Finance can contain elements that can strengthen your skills in financial management, budgeting, and even general mathematics.
As technology changes the way that people conduct their financial business, professionals in accounting and finance may also be ready and willing to learn new technologies to conduct their daily duties. Read through a couple of example courses for this program below.
- Cost Accounting: Cost Accounting is a course that can allow students to delve into the use and research of costs during the financial planning process. Students can learn skills such as gathering and recording cost data, classifying cost information according to category, and developing reports that provide usable information pertaining to costs. Students may also consider current issues or common mishaps in this area of accounting.
- Financial Statement Analysis: One major responsibility in finance and accounting fields is the analysis of financial statements and wellness. This course can provide students with the skills needed to accurately analyze financial statements of various degrees, recognize trends and issues with data being reported, and assess the need for modification within current financial plans. This course can be a great way for students to become familiar with various financial data reporting sheets.
Careers at the Bachelor's Level
It is reasonable to assume that most students desire an undergraduate degree program that can get them started in their professional field after graduation. Most American students seek out employment after receiving their bachelors degree in order to gain funding or support themselves through graduate degrees in their future.
There are many options available for accounting and finance graduates at the bachelors level to take advantage of. If you are curious about what might be available to you after you graduate, look through the careers and their average earnings in the list beneath this section.
- Accountants: $69,350 on average per year (BLS).
- Personal Financial Advisor: $90,640 on average per year (BLS).
Online Master’s in Accounting Programs
Students that have successfully completed a Bachelor’s in Accounting and Finance or even another related business program can look to online masters programs to help advance their careers.
Online masters programs in Accounting and Finance can provide students with a more in-depth perspective on accounting and finance, which can lead to more responsibility and better paying positions when paired with work experience. Courses in online masters program can be taken completely online, with some programs allowing students to engage in supervised work experiences during their program to help promote generalization.
Overall, the online Masters in Accounting and Finance can be completed in 1-2 years. Some online schools offer programs that quickly move you through your courses in order to complete your program at an expedited rate. The credit hour requirement for these programs may differ depending on which school you choose, but most generally contain anywhere from 45-60 credit hours.
Different masters programs such as the master of arts and master of science may also be available for you to choose from. The online MA may include more humanities and arts courses, while the MS may focus more on the science and major-related course work. Another interesting aspect of online Master’s in Accounting and Finance programs is that students can pursue a concentration option for their degree at this stage.
A concentration – or degree specialization – can be a great way to focus on specific aspects of the field that interest you the most. There are current several different specializations to choose from in this degree program, each having its own special contribution to the field as a whole.
Take a look at a few common specialization options below.
- International Accounting
Learn more about online Accounting Master’s degrees.
Coursework for Online Master’s in Accounting
The specialization that you choose for your degree program can sometimes modify the courses you will take during your experience. Learning more about the courses you will be expected to take can provide you with a great outlook on what to expect while enrolled.
General courses for the online Masters in Accounting and Finance include those pertaining to accounting software, balance sheets, and new-age methods for financial management. In addition to these general topics, students can also take courses that can educate them on special topics within their field, which can lead to versatility in the field. Read more about a few example courses as you continue through this guide.
- Federal Tax Research: Finance and accounting professionals should have well-rounded knowledge of the U.S. tax system and its regulations. This course can provide students with a look into historic cases regarding taxation, laws and regulations relevant to business, and research methods that can increase knowledge and awareness within areas related to taxation.
- Integrated Accounting Applications: The influence of technology has modified that way that Americans do business from many viewpoints. Accounting professionals interested in pursuing careers in leading industries can learn more about how applications related to accounting and finance are used in business today through involvement in this course. Applications with different purposes, results, and methods can be covered in this course, as well as an outlook into the future of innovative accounting tools.
Accounting Careers for Master’s Graduates
The courses above are just a few of the many fascinating elements included in these programs. The purpose of this type of coursework is to prepare you for careers that can positively influence the financial standing of the company you work for.
If you are like many other upcoming professionals in this field, you might be interested in how much money you can make after graduation, as well as some common job titles available for you to obtain. Our team of experts has reviewed some of the most common career options for masters graduates in order to fill you in on what is out there.
- Finance and Insurance Accounting: $74,140 on average per year (BLS).
- Accounting Management: $72,160 on average per year (BLS).
Online Doctorate of Accounting
If you are the type of student that wants to know everything possible about your career field, the online Doctorate in Accounting and Finance could be a great option for you to consider. The online doctorate is available in different formats, including the Ph.D. – which focuses generally on the research-oriented aspects of accounting and finance, as well as improvements to the field overall, and the Doctorate in Accounting and Finance.
The Doctorate in Accounting and Finance can provide you with advanced skills for management within financial agencies or even skills relevant to assessing the efficiency of financial or accounting firms. Depending on which path you would like to pursue for your career, there are flexible online programs available for you to pursue. Online Doctorate programs in Accounting and Finance can be a great investment to your future.
Students entering these programs from the masters level can expect to spend around 2-3 years completing their program, while students entering from bachelors program may expect 4-5 years of continued education. The school that you choose for your program may provide clear expectations for your time spent in the program, so our team encourages you to check out these standards prior to enrolling.
Those interested in the online format of this program may be pleased to learn that the course work in these programs is provided through a convenient online platform. Since online doctorate programs focus a lot on individual effort and learning, students can expect to indulge in research projects and independent learning experiences as part of their program.
Online courses can provide students with convenient and accessible support from instructors, communication with others students in the class, and a convenient scheduling method that can match their own personal needs.
View all online Doctorate degrees.
Doctorate in Accounting Courses
The type of online doctorate program you pursue can solidify what type of information you gain throughout. Applied doctoral programs can provide you with an advanced set of skills relevant to practice in real-world financial setting, as well as allow you to look deeper into the schematics of financial and accounting organizations. Research-oriented online Ph.D. programs can help you practice your quantitative and qualitative research skills, so that you can make meaningful contributions to your field in the future.
As you read through the example courses below, consider whether these topics align with what message you want to convey during your professional experience.
- Managerial Accounting: At the doctoral level, students can gain a better insight into the management skills required in the field of accounting. This course can introduce you to topics such as financial prediction methods, decision making, and profit analyses. In this program, you can also explore some common philosophies in accounting, as well as regulations and laws pertaining to financial management.
- Quantitative Business Data Analysis: Part of learning at the doctoral level may include a look into research regarding financial status, statistical analyses, and analytical methods for predicting success. Specifically, students can learn more about inference, t-tests, and multiple linear regression during this course. The purpose of this course is to inform students of the various statistical methods available for analyzing costs and financial data in organizations.
Careers for Doctorate Earners
Since this online degree program can be geared towards different professional paths, you can expect to see some varying career options for those that graduate from it. Some graduates may be interested in educating others about the field of accounting and finance, while others may be more interested in leading top financial organizations.
Our team has researched some of the common job titles for graduates at this degree level in order to help you make a decision on which degree program to pursue. Check out a few options they found below.
- Financial Managers: $125,080 on average per year (BLS).
- Financial Analysts: $84,300 on average per year (BLS).
Professional Accounting Organizations
As a new professional in the field of accounting and finance, you may feel overwhelmed with excitement about your success, but still a little nervous about getting started in your new career. Professional organizations in accounting and finance were designed to provide professionals with supportive resources to help get them started in the field and provide great insight throughout the duration of a career.
Joining a professional organization can put you in touch with other professionals, educate you on new regulations and standards, and even provide you with advocacy during your experience in the field. Take a look at some of the common organizations in the list beneath this section.
- The National Society of Accountants (NSA): This professional organization can be a great option for students interested in careers in accounting. The mission of this organization is to further educate members on areas of finance and taxation relevant in society today.
- The Association for Finance Professionals (AFP): The AFP is an organization that focuses on the advancement of methods and success for people in the financial field. This organization hosts one of the largest financial conferences available, providing members with opportunities for networking and higher knowledge within their discipline.